This software is online so can be accessed from any computer with an Internet connection.
Access is password protected and secure and we can also set up multiple users if required.
We are constantly making improvements and value your contribution to make this as useful as possible for project management. Whether you are a builder, contractor, project manager or owner - we would value your feedback about new features you would like to see added.
- The ability to easily view historic footage from any stage in the project.
- The ability to zoom in on footage to get a closer view of the action.
- The ability to brand this page with you or your customer's logos.
- The ability to view the 'encounter' player for the whole project or just that current day.
- Allowing the footage to be annotated easily online - to improve on site instructions/communication.
- Simple one click emailing of content.
- Many more features that we won't reveal just yet ....
Below is a demo link to a live public project.
SnapitHD Construction Demo
Would love to hear your feedback!
First - A bit of history:
We started the live camera adventure with expensive USA made IP cameras adapted from security cameras. These were good but had big limitations. Overall image quality was ok.. however extreme lighting conditions produced terrible washed out images that did more harm than good in promoting an area.
These problems (which still exist in virtually all IP cameras) led us to start developing our own camera system - the SnapitHD Cam.
This is produced in the garage with each camera taking upwards of a week to build! - which as of this post, is still the case.
And now - the reason for this post:
Over the past 12 months we have been working to make the system more scalable and make significant improvements in image quality and features.
We have just heard from the factory that the prototype Gen5 cameras will be delivered end of next week - which is very exciting.
Here's a quick sneak look at the new hardware features:
- Ultra high quality image with computational photography algorithms to produce shots that are ultra high quality using computational photography algorithms.
- Around 1.7 watts when shooting. Less than a half watt in standby - this means small solar panels can be used and possibly included as part of the case - no power cables!
- Cellular internet built into the camera - using external cellular devices has produced less than desirable results, so this is an exciting feature - with the addition of solar it could make the camera completely wireless.
- Wifi option built into the camera.
- The ability to interact with the real world via input/outputs. Door switches, sensors, PIR etc..
- Temperature and humidity weather station included as part of the camera.
- I alluded to a new feature in a previous post which we have made a lot of progress on over the past 2 days - the ability to pan/tilt and zoom in real time without any moving parts on the camera. This means that one user can be looking left while at the same time another is looking right. Perhaps the most exciting new feature planned and may be able to be released in the first roll-out. More details to come..
That's enough for now ..